What is microcontent?Microcontent is small information chunk that can stand alone or be used in a variety of contexts: explanation texts and videos, posted messages on SNS, Instagram, etc.
It is simple, concise and easy to understand.
Why microcontent?People can concentrate for only a short amount of time. Therefore, putting information in a compact from increases your studying efficiency. Also by separating information into small pieces, you can quickly access the information you need.
The advantages of online learning★ Enables studying intensely in short pieces of time
★ Able to study in your spare time
★ Rather easy content creation
★ Fit for mobile learning
★ Able to learn according to one’s objective and level
List of microcontent examples
- MOOC: Micro-credential
- Xseries Sequences. MicroMasters: edX (MIT/ Harvard)
- Specializations: Coursera (Stanford)
- Nanodegrees: Udacity
- MIT: Fractionalization of education
- Divided all services provided by the university
- Reconfigured according to the students needs
- SNHU: Competency based education
- Configurate curriculum according to competency building
- Direct evaluation
- Khan academy: Microlecture
- Short explanation video of few minutes